Call for abstracts
We welcome submissions for Talks (oral presentations), Posters, or Symposia and Roundtable Discussions under the following thematic streams:
- Sustainability Challenges from Cross-Cultural Perspectives and Environmental Psychology (behavioural change, attitudes towards nature, climate and the environment, climate change, collective action, cultural narratives, models for activism)
- Psychology of Migration and Minoritized Groups (acculturation, adaptation, culture shock, research with migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, displacement trauma, social inclusion, tolerance, stereotypes; issues around migrant mental health, migrant health, intergroup processes: prejudice and discrimination; ethnicity, gender and sexuality, indigenous psychology)
- Intercultural Communication, Competencies and Application in Different Settings (international students, expatriation, educational and social settings, use of language, theory and teaching around intercultural or culturally sensitive topics, intercultural training)
- Applied Cross-Cultural Psychology (Work and organizational psychology, clinical and counselling psychology; culture, religion, traditions; work, business, organizations; media, communication, and propaganda)
- Developmental and Health Psychology (socialisation, life-span development, health psychology, trauma, psychopathology, health disorders and stress, psychotherapy, trauma, post-traumatic stress)
- Cognitive and Personality Psychology (Motivation, Emotion, Values, Identity, political attitudes, morality)
- Research Methodology and Data Analysis in Cross-Cultural Psychology (quantitative and qualitative methodology, ethics, novel methodological approaches, epistemology, data analysis; open science, cross-cultural validation and comparisons)
- Other topics
The Abstract submission opens on 30th of December, 2022 and will close on February 20 , 2023. Abstract evaluations/acceptance notifications will be rolling. We endeavour to let you know about the results of your application within 2-3 weeks from the moment you submit!
If you have any question regarding the abstract submission portal please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general queries and information, please contact Congress Secretariat at email@example.com
Abstracts for talks (presentations), posters, symposia and roundtable discussions may be submitted only electronically using the online form on the Conference website www.iaccp2023.com
|Important dates for Abstract Submissions|
|December 30, 2022||Abstract Submissions Open|
|February 20, 2023||Deadline for Abstract Submissions|
|March 31, 2023||Final Abstract Acceptance Result Notifications (applicants will receive communication on the selection process within 2-3 weeks from application)|
|February 20 – May 15, 2023||Early Bird Registrations Open|
|May 16 – August 1, 2023||Regular Registration|
We recommend that presenters accepted to participate with their submission should register before the Early Bird Registration Deadline. This will guarantee your inclusion in the program.
Talks: 15 minutes (10 minutes presentation + 5 minutes Q&A)
Poster Presentation: 1 page poster.
Symposium: 90 minutes presentation of 3-5 speakers (including Q&A).
Roundtable Discussions: 60 minutes
- Individuals can be the first author/presenter for a maximum of two submissions for a Talk (presentation), a Poster Presentation, or as Chair or Speaker for symposia or rountables. There is no limitation on participation as discussant in symposia or co-author in any submission types.
- All presenters must be registered for the conference (pay conference fees, or be an invited speaker).
- The author is solely responsible for the ethical and scientific content of the submission as well as for its proper grammatical and stylistic form.
- There are no fees for submitting abstracts. If the abstract is accepted but the presenter does not register for the conference, the abstract will not be published in the IACCP 2023 Conference Book of Abstracts.
- The Scientific Committee will determine the final mode of presentation, taking into account the quality of the proposals, their relationships, temporal and technical possibilities. This means that it is possible that a speaker applies for a presentation but is accepted to present a poster instead. This also means that individual submissions will be grouped in panels.
Guidelines for the Abstract Submission:
Instructions for Abstract Submission:
- Go to the Abstract Submission Page
- Create your IACCP 2023 account (Please be aware, that you will need to confirm your email address once you create your account so check your spam box if the confirmation email is not received within 5 minutes) If there is any issue with the system, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: It is necessary that the email address for the account belongs to the speaker him/herself. When submitting the abstract please use your email account that is associated with your IACCP membership account. Please use the same email for the whole process of abstract submission, registration, and attendance of the IACCP 2023 Congress. Do not use the email address of an assistant. It is advised not to share your email credentials with anyone.
- Submit your abstract for Individual (Oral/Poster) or Symposium